Author Topic: Chassis sand blasting and welding but where ???  (Read 857 times)

Wandathe110

• MLRC Forum Newbie
  • Liked: 1
Chassis sand blasting and welding but where ???
« on: 22 April, 2016, 21:54:56 »
Hoping to get the chassis blasted on the 110 find the holes and get them welded,  it's on my daily runner so it's full bodied, not stripped in anyway looking for somewhere in the northwest Manchester, ie bury Rochdale Oldham Middleton manchester center and surrounding areas... Anybody got any recommendations ??? Thanks Paul
  • Paul
  • 1983 Landrover 110

woody13

• Club Volunteer
  • MLRC Forum Super Poster
  • Liked: 568
Re: Chassis sand blasting and welding but where ???
« Reply #1 on: 23 April, 2016, 07:02:23 »
Not sure if you'll find anyone who would blast a chassis with the body still on,maybe someone on here knows better.You could always hire a blaster and do it yourself.
  • Paul
  • 300tdi Discovery...
Big Silver Beastie...But is it big enough..?

doobreydog

• Administrator
  • MLRC Forum Legend
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #2 on: 25 April, 2016, 01:03:56 »
Dont really thinkit could be done properly with body on even if you could find someone who says they will... too many places you couldnt get to and they will be the main places for tin worms..
  • Ian
If you aint living life on the edge then youre taking up too much space...

Why go to the grave all pristine and thinking "I wish I'd tried that"... Why not slide in sideways all washed up. worn out &  shouting Woo Hoo
What a Ride!!!! ONE LIFE LIVE IT & ENJOY ;-)

The Dog

Wandathe110

• MLRC Forum Newbie
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: 25 April, 2016, 20:45:22 »
Found a place, sandstorm in Oldham there specialty is artic trailers, there willing to do it however I'm swaying into replacement even if i can sort out my chassis I'm realistically looking to spend around 900 blasting welding new x member the odd out rigger and so on I'm still left with a 33 year old chassis although i recon its in really good nick is only expect to get another 15 years out of the repairs (max)
So do i spend the extra on a new marslands chassis which I'm looking at being a hell of a lot more work for my self all the new parts that I'd fit any way shocks shock mounts turrets which looked after will last a damn site longer for only around 1500 extra for piece of mind and the bonus it will be more desirable if i come to sell ( hopefully never ) time and skill will be a issue with some jobs. And i don't really want her to be off the road this year for to long.
My heads spinning, I'm back and forth what to do the quick route which will be to drop Wanda at the sand blasters then to the welders then paint/protect or the sensible long lasting route and do the work myself with the odd bit of help ??
What do you reckon chaps

Thanks Paul
  • Paul
  • 1983 Landrover 110

Landyladv8

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 448
« Reply #4 on: 25 April, 2016, 22:00:23 »
Try marple blasting services, I've seen one done and was very impressed with the before and after. Obviously you can't get in between brackets bolted together etc but for the price, it was well worth it.
  • 1998 Cummins 6BT powered 110 Defender (ex v8 & 300Tdi). 1999 4.6 V8 Range Rover P38 vogue. 1981 Land Rover Series 3 Ambulance.

Chicken Duck

• MLRC Forum Legend
  • Liked: 760
« Reply #5 on: 26 April, 2016, 08:13:42 »
If it was me and never getting rid i would have a  marslands chassis if you can afford  the extra. It would be worth it in the long term. Sow now and you will reap the rewards later. The car will outlast you :) (or at least it would at my age)
  • Ste
  • Conistan green defender 90,300tdi(LIOYD). Zimbabwe silver discovery 3
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY BY STE* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.' . .슬이(◠‿◠)이슬☆~☽✪☾~☆

woody13

• Club Volunteer
  • Liked: 568
« Reply #6 on: 26 April, 2016, 12:24:15 »
Or try for a second hand chassis at KD Land Rovers.
  • Paul
  • 300tdi Discovery...
Big Silver Beastie...But is it big enough..?